Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of car accidents. Although common, they can be serious. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, such as how fast the vehicle in the back was going, rear-end collisions can and do cause serious injuries. Rear-end collisions usually occur because the driver in the back was careless in some way. If you have been hurt in a rear-end collision, you need an experienced car accident attorney to represent you. After any auto accident, time is of the essence, so do not wait to contact an attorney.
What Types of Driver Negligence Cause Rear-End Collisions?
- Distracted Driving – Cell phone usage is perhaps the most common culprit when it comes to distracted driving, whether the driver is texting or simply looking at a map. Passengers may also cause distractions that lead to rear-end collisions. Or, a driver may simply be fumbling through her purse or reaching around for another object inside the vehicle.
- Drunk Driving – Drunk drivers may underestimate the distance it will take them to stop because alcohol or other narcotics can interfere with depth perception. Drunk drivers are also prone to speeding and are more easily distracted than sober drivers.
- Inattention to Weather Conditions – All drivers have a duty to be mindful of the weather and other factors that may affect stopping distance while they are on the road. If it is raining or has recently rained, or there is ice or snow in the road, an inattentive driver may wait too long to start braking. They may hydroplane after braking too fast, or simply fail to stop in time to avoid rear-ending the driver ahead of them.
- Speeding – Drivers who are going too fast may not be able to stop in time and strike the vehicle ahead of them.
- Failure to Maintain a Vehicle – Mechanical problems like brake failure or low tire tread can contribute to rear-end collisions if a vehicle driver fails to maintain their vehicle properly.
Call an Appleton Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you have been injured in a rear-end collision, the experienced attorneys at Herrling Clark Law Offices, Ltd. will aggressively try to recover any compensation you are entitled to. Do not wait any longer than necessary after an accident to call. There is physical evidence at the crash site that needs to be preserved immediately. In a rear-end collision, tire tracks from where the at-fault driver tried (and failed) to stop before hitting you are often present and need to be documented quickly before they are washed away by rain or worn away by other traffic. The important thing is that you contact an Appleton Car Accident Lawyer quickly so they can conduct an investigation. Calling an attorney the same day an accident occurs is ideal. For a free consultation, call 920-739-7366. Do not wait – the sooner you call, the sooner we can collect evidence and start working to recover compensation for you.